Jun 19, 2009

Mushroom Pulao

I fell in love with mushrooms after eating "Mushroom Chilli" in Coconut Grove located near Jyothi Nivas College, Bangalore. I have tried preparing those at home, but I never got the same taste. However this time I thought of preparing Mushroom Pulao and I truly enjoyed it.


Ingredients:
2 tea spoons ghee
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder
1/2 tea spoon coriander powder
1/2 tea spoon cumin powder
1/2 tea spoon chilli powder
1 tea spoon garam masala
1 cup chopped mushroom
1 cup rice
1 cup water
salt to taste
chopped cilantro

Method:
Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
Add chopped onion and fry till it becomes transparent.
Add turmeric, coriander, cumin powder and fry for a minute.
Add chopped mushroom and rice for couple of minutes.
Add water, chilli powder and garam masala powder.
Add salt and cilantro.
Pressure cook till 3 whistles.

Serves: 2
Preparation Time: 25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment