Jun 21, 2009

Rava Idly

Pr's friend was supposed to come for lunch and I wanted to prepare something simple and easy. Instead of our routine gobi or paneer starters I prepared rava idly and aloo sabji. I am glad everyone liked it.


Ingredients:
1 Cup coarse suji
1 cup buttermilk
3 green chillies, finely chopped
Chopped ginger
Cilantro
Cashews (optional)
Salt to taste

Seasoning:
1 tea spoon oil
mustard seeds
3 red chillies

Method:
Mix all the above ingredients and make a batter.
Pour seasoning and mix it well.
Leave it overnight or for 7-8 hours.
Grease a idly stand and steam it for 15 mins without whistles.
Let it cool down for 10 mins before removing idly.

Serves: 2
Preparation Time: 30 mins (does not include fermentation time)

Note: You can avoid fermenting time if you have sour butter milk. Fermentation will help raise the idly and make it puffy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This looks yumm and easy. Will have to try this weekend. I landed on your page when I googled brussels sprouts upkari. That's what I made today. Subscribed your blog, please do visit mine too. Thanks,
    http://cuddlyapple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete