Jun 9, 2009

Tomato Rice

This used to be my favorite lunch. My mother used to prepare it atleast once a week. Once one of her friend suggested a different style of tomato rice. There were lot of garlic and I truly hated that.Yesterday, I wanted to try my mother's recipe and Pr also liked it very much.

Ingredients:
1 table spoon ghee
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tea spoon ginger garlic paste
2 large tomatoes chopped
1 green chilli (slit)
1 tea spoon chilli powder
1 cup basumati rice
chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste

Method:
Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
Fry chopped onion.
Add ginger garlic paste, slit green chilli and fry for 1 minute.
Add chopped tomatoes and let it cook for 2-3 mins (do not add water).
Put rice in the same mixture and fry for 2-3 mins and then add 1 cup of water.
Add salt and chopped cilantro and pressure cook until 3 whistles.

Serves: 2
Preparation Time: 25 mins


Note: Since we dont prefer basumati rice, I used sona masuri. Also, increase or decrease chilli powder per your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment