Jun 25, 2009

Vegetable Fried Rice

While in Bangalore, there was a fast food near my house and I used seldom get Fried Rice packed from there. It was a very small place and I could see how the chef prepares it. It always used to look very simple and it had awesome taste. I dont know how exactly he used to prepare, but I recalled my memories and prepared this fried rice for dinner.


Ingredients:
1 cup vegetables (carrot, beans, green peas) chopped
1/4 chopped onion and spring onion
1 cup rice
2 slit green chillies
3 table spoons oil
1 tea spoon vinegar
1 table spoon soya sauce
salt

Method:
Boil rice and vegetables with 1 table spoon oil (I cook these in a vessel and drain the water, this helps me avoid over-cooking the rice).
Heat oil in a pan and add slit chillies, onion and fry for 2 mins.
Add vinegar and soya sauce.
Once it starts bubbling add cooked rice, vegetables and salt and mix it properly.
Serve it with tomato ketchup or any spicy curry.

Serves: 3
Preparation Time: 40 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment