Jun 1, 2011

Puri/ Deep Fried Bread

Its been more than 7 months I haven't updated my blog. I was too busy with other stuffs in life. I did miss cooking and even updating my blog a lot. When I had been to India last time I scribbled a lot of recipes on my book and never got a chance to write them here. Now that I had few photos taken while I was cooking a lot I thought I should start jotting the recipes again. 

Though I like puris I don't prepare it often. I do not prefer eating deep fried breakfast ! When I made this last time I did take few pictures. Almost everyone knows the recipe of puris but I felt my blog wouldn't be complete without this recipe. I served this with green peas curry. 

Ingredients:
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup water
Oil for deep frying
Salt

Method:
Mix and knead a dough with above mentioned ingredients.
Make small balls and roll it into small flat bread.
Heat oil and deep fry it.
Serve hot with side dish or chutney. 

Serves: 2
Preparation Time: 30 mins



1 comment:

  1. this is my mom's favorite. she already passed away 2 years ago. so sad that we're not together while eating this. :(

    ReplyDelete