Oct 17, 2012

Gobi Manchurian

This surely is not very different than any other gobi manchurian recipes which you can find on internet. However I wanted this to be on my blog because this was one of the very first dish I learned and started to make. I got this recipe from one of  my aunt. She used to make this with very thick sauce. I loved it when my aunt used to prepare this.I have prepared this for couple of my friends and I did get compliments. 




Ingredients:
For Deep frying:
Gobi/cauliflower florets
3 tablespoons besan
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
Salt
Water as required
Oil for deep frying

For sauce:
2-3 tablespoon oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4-5 green chillies, finely chopped
8-10 curry leaves, finely chopped
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon soya sauce
2-3 tablespoon hot and sweet tomato sauce
Finely chopped coriander leaves
Salt

Method:
Clean and cut gobi into small florets.
Make a thick paste of besan, cornflour, ginger-garlic paste, salt with little water.
In a kadai heat oil for deep frying. Deep fry gobi florets.
In a large pan heat oil to prepare the sauce. The ingredient I have mentioned above is of my choice. You can make additions/deletions per your choice. 
Add onion and fry for sometime. Add little salt (be careful while adding salt as you would have already added salt to deep fried gobi). I like to add salt to onions as this will give onions a very nice transparent color and will help not to turn them brown too soon.
Add lots of chopped garlic, green chillies, curry leaves and saute for couple of minutes.
Add vinegar, soya sauce and tomato sauce. Make a thick sauce consistency and fry until the sauce are all cooked well.
Add deep fried cauliflower to it and give it a nice stir.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot as side dish.

Preparation times : 60-75 mins
Serves - 2


No comments:

Post a Comment