Oct 24, 2012

Pepper Mushroom

I am undoubtedly a mushroom lover. My favorite is "gudgud alambe" which is found during rainy season mainly in Mangalore or probably in whole of South Kanara district. Its been ages I haven't had those and unfortunately I don't find them here. I used to bring tiny button mushrooms from Ranch. I prepared "phana upkari" but DH complaint the mushroom gets sticky. There after I have prepared only mushroom sukke for which I will post recipe after Navarathri. The main ingredient in sukke is onion and we don't eat onion on navami and dashami.

Couple of weeks back I got button mushrooms from our usual Indian Grocery store. After keeping it in the fridge for about a week I decided to prepare Pepper Mushroom. I did not have bell pepper so I have used green chilies  Though this dish was a "dry item" we had this with chapati.





Ingredients:
Button Mushroom cut into pieces
1 big onion, cut into lengthwise
5-6 green chilies, slit
8-10 curry leaves, chopped
Coriander leaves, chopped
3 tablespoon pepper powder
1 garlic, chopped lengthwise
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon hot and sweet tomato ketchup
Oil
Salt

Method:
Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onion. Add part of salt and saute until the onion turns transparent.
Add chopped garlic, curry leaves and green chilies. Saute for another 3 mins.
Add all types of sauces and pepper powder. Fry.
Cut mushrooms into cubes or sizes you prefer right before adding into the mixture. Wash and pat dry on a kitchen paper and add it to the onion mixture. Give it a stir. Do not add any water. Mushroom oozes out a very good amount of water.
Close and cook until mushrooms are partly cooked. Remove the lid and cook on high flame until water is absorbed completely.
Garnish and serve hot.

Preparation times : 25 mins
Serves - 2


No comments:

Post a Comment