Apr 17, 2013

Paneer Paratha

As I mentioned in my Aloo Paratha post, our nanny made awesome parathas. Most of the paratha recipes I blog are from her. I surely was not a big fan of paneer. Now I always have a stock in our refrigerator only because my DD loves it ! She is in her toddler hood and loves to self feed. So feeding her rice is very challenging and messy job for me. I try to squeeze in parathas, roti or even dosa during dinner. Dinner was a bliss when I made this paratha !

Very simple recipe with very few basic ingredients which are easily available in ones pantry. But paratha have always been time consuming for me. All the methods are the same as Aloo paratha except for preparing paneer stuffing. This is much quicker and easier as we do not need to fry paneer. If the paneer is thawed well, grating wont take more than a couple of minutes.




Ingredients:

Chapathi:
1 cup wheat flour
Salt to taste
Oil
Warm water as required

Stuffing:
1 cup grated paneer
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon chilly powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon oil
Chopped cilantro
Salt to taste

Method:
Mix together wheat flour, salt, oil and water. Knead into soft dough and keep it aside for 30 mins. Cover the dough with wet cloth. This will make the dough softer and easier to roll.
Meanwhile grate paneer and add all other ingredients needed for stuffing. Mix it well.
Take small portions of chapathi dough and roll it. Place paneer stuffing on rolled chapathi and fold it.
Roll it again and make sure the mixture doesn't come out.
On a hot pan fry with ghee (clarified butter) or butter.
Serve hot with curd and pickle.



Serves: 3
Prepartion Time: 1 hr

No comments:

Post a Comment