Jun 11, 2013

Ragi Mudde/ Finger Millet Steamed Balls

I had some finger millet flour in my pantry. I had made Tingal avre kolombo and thought of making ragi mudde to go with it. This recipe is not a very authentic ragi mudde recipe. The original recipe might be totally different than what I have mentioned here. But back home this is how we prepare. 

This is prepared widely in Bangalore and served with really spicy gravy called bassaru. I have tried to find the recipe for bassaru and I have made it refering to many blogs.



Ingredients:
1 cup ragi
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon urad dal
1 red chillies
4-5 curry leaves
Hot water
Salt

Method:
In a pan heat oil. Add mustard seeds.
When the mustard seeds starts spluttering add urad dal and curry leaves. Fry until urad dal becomes golden brown.
Add red chilly pieces.
Put 1 1/4 of water. Add salt and bring it boil.
Pour ragi flour and keep stirring. Make sure there are no lumps formed. Mix this until all the water is absorbed.
Once the dough becomes luke warm, make balls of desired size and steam in for 15 minutes.
Serve hot with sambar/dal. 

Serves : 2
Preparation Time: 30 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment