Apr 1, 2014

Recycled Boxes and Tissue Rolls

Completely off my previous posts. I still decided to post this.

I made a desk organizer using empty cardboard boxes and also tissue rolls. The only thing I had to buy was wooden plank. I could buy it easily from Walmart for less than $5.00. I wish I used a high quality gift wrap precisely scrapbook paper to wrap the boxes, rolls. I did buy mod podge to apply it on boxes, rolls but should admit I did not use it much. Just on a couple of them. 

The final outcome is serving my purpose. So it was worth my time :)





Steps:
(1)First stock up on few tissue rolls and also boxes of your choice.


(2)Also accumulate all the necessities like scissors, acrylic paint, glue, mod podge, gift wrap, ribbon (optional), wooden plank.


(3)Below picture is of the final product I am using. I painted the wooden plank with pink and let it dry.
(4)Measure the boxes and also cut them if needed. I had to cut boxes to make the height at par with tissue rolls.Then place all the boxes and tissue rolls to fit your needs.
(5)Wrap all the boxes with gift wrap and also you can decorate it with ribbons if you opt to do it. Let it dry completely.
(6)Stick the dried boxes and tissue rolls on painted wooden plank. Let it dry before placing anything in it.


As this was my trial organizer I have used the normal gift wrap and very simple satin ribbon on the edges. I havent painted the rolls and boxes from inside. If I decide to make more I will surely buy a very fine and thick quality paper probably also in bright colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment