Jul 11, 2009

Potato, Tindora and Cashew Dish (Batato, Tendle ani Bibbo Upkari)

I always wonder about that first person who came up with this combo of potato, tindora and raw cashew. Whoever it is, I am sure has a great taste towards food :).

My uncle was an agriculturist and he had cashew trees at his farm. The fruit was called "caju" and these fruits are either red or yellow. Very juicy fruits and tasty too. The fruit has cashews which are harvested to make cashew nuts.

I did not find these natural cashews here and I substituted cashew nuts. I soaked nuts in water for 8-10 hours before preparing this side dish.


Ingredients:
1 cup cut potatoes
1 cup cut tindora
1/2 cup cut cashews
1 table spoon oil
1/4 tea spoon mustard seeds
5 curry leaves
3 red chillies
Water
Salt

Method:
Heat oil in a frying pan.
When hot add mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies.
After the mustard seeds start spluttering, add cut potatoes, tindora and cashews and fry for couple of minutes on a low or medium flame.
Add 1 cup water and let the vegetables cook. Add little water as and when required.
Add salt for taste.

Serves: 3
Preparation Time: 25 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment