Nov 2, 2010

Oven Baked White Pomfret

The only fish I like is white pomfret. We both wanted to try something new than our usual konkani style fish curry. I had some store bought fish masala. It was of "grand ma's" brand. I added some spices of my choice to it and this came out better than I expected. 




Ingredients:
1 white pomfret
2 tablespoons fish masala
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon chilly powder
Pinch of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon thick tamarind extract
Chopped cilantro
Water
Salt


Method:
Cut the fish into slit. I bring fish from Ranch so I get it cut and cleaned from them.
Make a thick paste of all the above mentioned ingredients.
Marinade the fish for 3-4 hours.
Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degree.
Bake the fish for 45 minutes. Turn on sides every 15 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Serve hot.


Serves: 2
Preparation Time: 40 mins (excludes marination time)

No comments:

Post a Comment