Nov 11, 2010

Potato/ Batata Bonda

Out of all bonda and bajji variety potato/ batata bonda and chatambade (masala vada) are my favorite. Though we dont prepare this often I hog a few whenever we prepare it :). I just forget gym and relish these little tasty fritters. I have had this even for breakfast at my in-laws. Mouth-watering ! Its been more than 3-4 months I haven't made it. I saw this photo today and realized I haven't yet posted the recipe. But this post is tempting me to make it soon. Probably during long weekend of this month which I am eagerly waiting for !




Ingredients:
 3 large potatoes
4-5 green chillies, finely chopped
3 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
Pinch of asafoetida
Oil for deep frying
Salt

For Seasoning:
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
7-8 curry leaves, finely chopped

For batter:
1 cup besan
Water as required 
Salt


Method:
Pressure cook potatoes. Peel the skin and mash them.
Add green chillies, cilantro, ginger, asafoetida and salt.
Prepare the seasoning with oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Pour it on potato mixture.
Mix all the ingredients nicely and make balls of desired size.
Make a thick batter with besan, salt and water. Be careful while mixing salt as potato mixture also has salt in it.
In a pot heat oil.
Dip mashed potato balls into besan batter and deep fry on low flame.
Serve hot.


Serves: 2
Preparation Time: 1 hour 15 mins.


 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, looks delicious, what is Besan?

    Ciao,

    L

    hippressurecooking.com
    making pressure cooking hip again, one recipe at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bonda's look picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious..beautiful click Dear..

    ReplyDelete