Jan 16, 2010

Potato Gravy/ Batata Thoy

I do not like too much of coconut in my food and I hate eating rice with ghasi or koddel on a daily basis. This weekend I was recalling all those yummy food my mom used to prepare for me without coconut in it. Batata Thoy is one among those. I really enjoy this with rice and this time I made it a bit spicy.





Ingredients:
2 potatoes
5 green chillies
3 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon chopped ginger
1 cup water
Salt

Seasoning:
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
4-5 curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon asafoetida

Method:
Boil the potatoes. Peel and mash it completely.
In a pot or pan boil water.
Add mashed potatoes, slit green chillies, chopped cilantro, chopped ginger and salt. Boil this until the mixture starts getting thicker. Keep stirring the mixture as potatoes have a tendency to settle at bottom and this may burn the curry.
In a skillet prepare seasoning and pore it on potato gravy.
Serve hot with rice.

Serves: 2
Preparation Time: 25 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment