Feb 12, 2010

Cooked Plantain in Coconut Sauce/ Kele Koddel

I had plantains stocked up in my refrigerator for quite few days. I didn't want to prepare usual "kele phodi". I remembered kele koddel. I had this long time ago when my grand mom used to decide the menu everyday. Koddel needs garlic seasoning and this is not prepared during auspicious days. This dish tastes good only with garlic. 





Ingredients:
3 plantains
1/2 cup grated coconut
4-5 red chillies
1/4 teaspoon thick tamarind extract
1-2 tablespoon oil
7-8 garlic pods
 Salt


Method:
Peel and cut plantains into pieces.
Pressure cook plantain pieces upto 2 whistles.
Make a paste of grated coconut, red chillies and tamarind extract.
Mix the mixture with cooked plantains, salt and boil it for 8-10 mins.
In a small pan heat oil and fry the garlic for sometime.
Pour this on the curry.
Serve hot with rice.

Serves: 3
Preparation Time: 25 mins


1 comment:

  1. Very unique recipe, looks so thick and creamy. I have only used plantain in stir fry or bajjis. Marked this to try.

    ReplyDelete