Apr 12, 2010

Ridge Gourd Chutney/ Ghosale Shira Chutney

Its been more than a month I did not post any recipes on my blog. I did prepare couple of interesting dishes but was held up with several things at a time. One of the recipe is "ghosale shira chutney".  Ghosale shira means the sharp edges of ridge gourd skin. I prepared this when we got ridge gourd last time. I like ridge gourd stir fry and I used the skin to prepare this chutney and also tambli. My husband was surprised to hear I prepared chutney with ridge gourd skin. Well, he did like this :) 




Ingredients:
Handful of ridge gourd skin
1 cup coconut
3-4 green chillies
1/4 tea spoon tamarind extract
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
4-5 curry leaves
5 tablespoon water
Salt


Method:
Fry ridge gourd skin, coconut, green chillies and tamarind extract for couple of minutes. Fry these items dry without oil.
Grind into a smooth paste. Do not use too much water as this chutney is not too watery.
In a skillet heat oil. Add mustard seeds and when mustard seeds starts spluttering add curry leaves.
Pour the seasoning on chutney.
Serve with rice as side dish.




Serves: 4
Preparation Time: 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment