May 19, 2010

Fried Ladies Finger in yogurt/ Bhindi Gojju

During our childhood we used to have more of gojju, kadi, rasam, upkari etc for lunch and dinner than ghasi or any other coconut dishes. This was my grand-mom's one of "eating healthy" rule. Even today I prefer non-coconut food more than our authentic konkani "masla randhai" (food which has coconut).

Last week I saw really fresh bhindi which were irresistible. I picked very few of them without any specific recipe in my mind. Well I am glad I bought those. Just prepared simple gojju which my grand-mom used to prepare. I relished it for couple of days. I must mention anything prepared with yogurt or butter milk is delectable for me :).




Ingredients:
8-10 bhindis
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
8-10 fresh curry leaves
1 cup yogurt
1 green chilly
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Salt


Method:
Clean and cut bhindis into very small pieces.
In a pan heat oil. When it is hot add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds starts spluttering add curry leaves and fry for couple of minutes.
Add bhindi pieces and fry on low flame until bhindi gets crispier. Keep stirring to avoid burning of bhindi.
Meanwhile in a bowl take yogurt. Add salt, chopped green chilly and cilantro. 
Just before serving add fried bhindi along with the seasoning to yogurt mixture.
Serve as side dish with rice.


Serves: 3
Cooking Time: 10 minutes

3 comments: