May 27, 2010

Radish-Garlic Fry/ Mulangi Talasan

White radish are available widely here both in Indian and Chinese stores. Even the leaves are very fresh and I always get tempted to buy it only because of the color and freshness. Though my husband is not a picky eater he doesn't like to eat radish for the that fact that it is smelly. My mom used to very frequently prepare ambat and talasan out of it. But I usually prepare "talasan" with lots of garlic. The smell fades to great extent and this goes well with rice.




Ingredients:
1 large white radish
4-5 red chillies
7-8 garlic pods
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup water
Salt

Method:
Clean radish and peel off the skin. 
Cut into desired shapes.
In a pan or pot heat 1 tablespoon oil. When the oil is hot add red chillies.
Add garlic pods and radish.
Fry it on simmer until radish is cooked. Sprinkle water if required.
Serve with rice as side dish.

Serves:3
Preparation Time: 20 mins

Note: Talasan is typically prepared by frying vegetables in oil and without using any water. I do not like to use too much of oil and I sprinkle water in regular intervals to avoid burning of vegetables.




No comments:

Post a Comment