Aug 29, 2012

Gobi Pakoda / Deepfried Cauliflower

One of the most unhealthiest preparation :-)...but I love it ! As a kid I always used to have porridge in the morning. Though I never liked the idea of eating porridge in the morning, my grandma was very strict about it. So I always hoped there will be something nice with porridge. In very rare situation gobi pakoda was prepared. Those were the golden days. I never used to worry about weight gain and "diet" at all. I used to have a full bowl of porridge without complaints :-). 

Now I am strictly on a "no deep fried" items. I made an exception to my diet last night. Prepared this for dinner as this is my husband's favorite too. A very simple and easy to prepare recipe.




Ingredients :
Cauliflower, cut into florets
2 tablespoons rice flour
1 tablespoon chilly powder
Salt
2-3 tablespoons water

Method:
Cut and clean cauliflower into florets.
Mix together rice flour, chilly powder and salt.
Add cauliflower florets to it. Sprinkle water only to make a coating.
Heat oil in a deep pan and fry cauliflower until cooked.
Serve hot with rice and dal.

Preparation Time: 15 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment