Apr 1, 2013

Aamras/ Mango Pulp

Its mango season again :-) ! I just love mangoes. I used to avoid eating mangoes with a fear of gaining weight. Recently  I started reading about nutritional facts of mangoes and if it really causes weight gain the answer was "no". Wow what a relief to me ! I can have mangoes this season without any guilt !

I always buy mangoes for my DD from wholefoods. Those were so sweet and totally yum ! But I just love the ones we get from Indian grocery stores. The first mango I bought this year I could not stop myself from preparing aamras with poori. Yumilicious !




Ingredients:

1 Mango pulp
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup milk
cardamom powder

Method:
Peel the skin and remove pulp.
In a blender add mango pulp, sugar, milk and cardamom powder. Blend it.
Serve it with poori. I can eat this with chapathi too :-). When I prepare this only for me I avoid sugar completely.


Serves: 2
Preparation Time: 15 Mins

No comments:

Post a Comment