Dec 10, 2009

Daal/ Dalitoy

Dalitoy is liked by almost everyone at our home. People always have some twist in preparing this and so far I have liked everyone's version. I have mentioned my sister-in-law's (vhanni's) style of preparing dalitoy. Today I prepared differently with red chillies. This is a tip from my husband.


Ingredients:
1 cup toor dal
3 green chillies, slit
3 red chillies
1/2 tea spoon mustard seeds
1/4 tea spoon asafoetida
6-7 curry leaves
1 table spoon ghee
salt

Method:
Pressure cook toor dal upto 3 whistles.
In a pan boil cooked toor dal by adding green chillies and salt for 8-10 minutes.
Heat ghee in a small skillet and add mustard seeds. When it starts spluttering add curry leaves, red chillies and asafoetida and fry for 1 minute.
Pour this seasoning onto dal.
Serve hot with rice or chapathi.

Serves:2
Preparation Time: 25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment