Oct 18, 2010

Egg Spicy Curry/ Motte Phanna Upkari

Its been more than a month I did not update my blog with any new recipes. We had been to India :). It was great to be with family. Now its again time to get back to some experimental cooking. I had prepared motte (which means egg in konkani) phanna upkari. Phanna upkari is prepared also with mushrooms and fish. This is a spicy dish and goes well with rice, chapathi or even dosa. I want to try preparing this phanna upkari with cooked potatoes. If it comes well I will surely post the recipe. The best part of this dish is the color. I love it ! 




Ingredients:
3-4 eggs
1 onion
Pinch of turmeric
3 tablespoon chilly powder
1 tablespoon thick tamarind extract
3 tablespoon oil
Water
Salt

Method:
Boil eggs and remove the shells. Cut them into pieces. Please note I have separated yolk from the egg as both of us do not like to eat yolk.
In a pan heat the oil. Add chopped onion and turmeric. Fry until it turns translucent.
Add chilly powder and keep frying for couple of minutes. Do not let the chilly powder burn as it will spoil the entire dish.
Add water, tamarind extract and also salt.
Add boiled egg pieces.
Bring it to boil until the gravy gets thicker.
Serve hot with rice or chapathi or dosa.

Serves: 2
Preparation Time: 45 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment